2012. febr. 19.

Meetups in action

Another week has past. And what a week it was. I was prepared for a nice and quiet week it being half-term in the UK, but things were busy and I even managed to get myself into a funny mood by Friday..., so I was really glad when I finally left the office on Friday, and the weekend began.
Luckily I have signed up for a Photowalk with meetup, so instead of lying in on Saturday morning, I had to get myself ready, and take the train from Victoria, to Eynsford in Kent to make a nice 8 mile walk around this lovely area. I have met a bunch of truly amazing people, so not only the scenery but the conversations were much enjoyable.
On our way there were dozens of snowdrops announcing the arrival of spring, supported by a couple of crocuses as well. I really can't wait to put my big coat away...

From egysze
But going back to the walk, Eynsford is a lovely little village in the middle of Kent, that is neighbouring Lullingstone and Shoram. There is a lovely castle in Lullingstone surrounded by a lake (for those of you who also love the meerkat adverts, here's the episode that has been filmed in Lullingstone castle) and I am pretty sure that the sign that said Kent's best farm shop on the way from the castle to Shoram was not an exaggeration either. Even though I think the world's funniest chicken happen to be living at that place...
From egyszem

From egyszem
After we have passed Lullingstone, we have stopped for lunch in Shoram, just to continue our way back to Eynsford through the golf fields. It was not a tiring walk at all, but the lessons leant were, that I will have to buy a 2 shoulder backpack for China, as this half shoulder solution is not convenient after 3 hours, and that my boots and me we still need to work on our relationship. But we'll get there. Eventually:)
Earlier in the week I have set up a Meetup group for Hungarian cooking, I have 36 members and 5 session that are already full. I hope this group will result in many donations, as the contributions to the dinners will go against my fundraising. I will continue doing the until May but I am also aware I will have to organise some more grand fundraising events. Have a couple of ideas, so will keep you posted:)
'til then.
And before I forget, I would like to thank everyone who has already donated on the justgiving site. I am really grateful for everyone's support, I feel really lucky to have the friends I have, and be surrounded by the people I work with, or met eventually. Thank you /Köszönöm.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése